Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Applications
Design, build, and deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Applications (DO288) teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster
Whether you are migrating existing applications or writing container-native applications, you will learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
Outline for this course
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy applications using various application packaging methods to an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
Manage builds on OpenShift
Describe the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
Customize source-to-image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy multi-container applications using Helm charts and Kustomize.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
Build applications for OpenShift
Create, deploy, and integrate third-party applications on OpenShift.
Impact on the organization
This course provides application developers with the essential skills to design, build, and deploy containerized applications, whether they are migrating existing applications to OpenShift, or creating new cloud-native applications. It provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by demonstrating the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
As developers seek ways to improve application time to market for minimum viable products, containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
You will learn about the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will acquire these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and use Source-to-Image builds.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288)
- Building Resilient Microservices with Istio and Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh (DO328)
- Red Hat Cloud-native Microservices Development with Quarkus (DO378)
- Developing Applications with Red Hat OpenShift Serverless and Knative (DO244)
- Enterprise application developers
- DevOps site reliability engineers
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Complete Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
- This course uses a lab environment provisioned in the Red Hat Online Learning (ROL) cloud.
- Internet access is required to run the exercises and labs.
- Design containerized applications for OpenShift.
- Manage and trigger application builds using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image.
- Deploy multi-container applications using Helm Charts.
- Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability.
- Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.